Through an on-site tour, specialists from our client shipyard explained best practices and experience with developing operational performance to their shipbuilding colleagues from other yards within the country. Explaning how Shipyard-MES Floor2Plan functions as a continuous improvement platform.
The objectives from the shipyard prior to starting with Shipyard-MES Floor2Plan:
- Increase operational productivity
- Increase operational predictability
- Increase level of project control (on time delivery)
- Hours spent by craftsmen on waiting, searching and walking are decreased with 50%
- Automation in estimating, work preparation and planning results in ~1 FTE per 175.000 production hours
- 90% of all granular operational relations and dependencies are recognized explicitly prior to the start of the project and the docking. Or prior to completion of the engineering model in a new build yard.
- The administrative burden put on the foremen or front line supervisors are cut back with >1 hour per foremen per day
- The administrative burden put on the HR/Payrolling department are cut back with 1 FTE
- Through the high level of automation one planner can control multiple projects in parallel